Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:36:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>
Cc:        FreeBSd Chat list <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSD lightness: Free/Net/Open

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Also what would me a MINIMUN usable amount of memory to run X. 16MB?
> These are computers other departments were throwing out so I don't
> think they have much of a budget to go around upgrading memory.

I ran X on a 16MB P60, with a 512KB video card.  Don't forget to
configure your swap space.  It works.  There are things like
occaisonal pauses while the machine swaps.  This was running almost
everyting locally.  If you were running things off of a remote
compute server, i would expect it be much better, expecially if you can
avoid running things like Netscape.