Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:34:36 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        YUL@macronix.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

YUL@macronix.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I already have Windows 98 installed on my PC with a 13 GB harddisk. The
> disk is formated with FAT 16 format, resulting
> 7 logical drives. Now Windows 98 is installed on drive C
> (with size 1.9 GB).
>
> My question is:
>
> Can I install FreeBSD on drive D (1.9 GB)or other logical drives?

It has to be in its own partition and right now you have two that it
can't use, i.e., the primary and the extended. You can rearrange your
drive with something like Partition Magic such that you leave a 2GB
space between your primary and your extended. You can then create a
FreeBSD partition and install it in that space.

It is probably easier to add a second drive and install it on it.
Either way has its own special gotcha's but rearranging a drive that
large has special risks with more serious after effects.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA