Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:35:01 -0400
From:      Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>, "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sshd whines & dies after releng/10 "freebsd-update" run

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 12:26 PM, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
wrote:

> This weekend, though, I was planning to update my other systems tfrom
> stable/10 to stable/11, so I figured I'd try freebsd-update on this
> machine first.

Wait, you used freebsd-update on a machine running stable? It only supports
releases. IOW you may well have *downgraded* the machine in some sense.
(Although really it should have just failed in that case.)

Also make sure you are not using an sshd from ports; even if such a
down/sidegrade works for base, I'd expect it to screw up installed ports.

allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.net