Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 06:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/41570: Sendmail hoststat cleaning error

The following reply was made to PR conf/41570; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Valentin Nechayev <netch@iv.nn.kiev.ua>
To: Alex Vasylenko <lxv@a-send-pr.sink.omut.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:13:25 +0300

  Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 16:50:04, lxv (Alex Vasylenko) wrote about "Re: conf/41570: Sendmail hoststat cleaning error":

 AV>  HostStatusDirectory is a configurable option in sendmail,
 AV>  so 150.clean-hoststat shouldn't blindly expect it to
 AV>  be /var/spool/.hoststat, besides HostStatusDirectory is
 AV>  relative to /var/spool/mqueue.

 At all I can't see a need to such procedure, including find ... -delete,
 because sendmail has working implementation of hoststat base purging.
 Run `purgestat' or `sendmail -bH'.

 Thus, version I recommend is following (I'm not familiar with script return
 codes, hence fix what is wrong):

 === cut ===
 #!/bin/sh
 #
 # $FreeBSD: src/etc/periodic/daily/150.clean-hoststat,v 1.3.2.2 2000/09/20 02:46:15 jkh Exp $
 #
 # Remove stale files in /var/spool/.hoststat
 #

 # If there is a global system configuration file, suck it in.
 #
 if [ -r /etc/defaults/periodic.conf ]
 then
     . /etc/defaults/periodic.conf