Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:25:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@bl.mmtr.or.jp>
To:        igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr
Cc:        eta@lclark.edu, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

Hi,

>>> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:15:06 +0100, Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr> said:

> Eric Anholt wrote:
> >
> > I've committed the update of XFree86 to 4.3.0 to ports.  I think I've
> > cleaned up after my mess at this point, but there may still be issues.
> > Please report to me if you have any problems with the new ports or any
> > issues with XFree86 that you didn't have in 4.2.0.
>
> System: 4.8-RC build on Mar 4
[...]
> 1. DRI is not available, Mesa is falling back to indirect rendering.
> (I have Radeon M7, kernel module is loaded, it was working with 4.2.0)
[...]
> 3. Latest opera-6.12.20030305(freebsd) is falling with core on exit.

My FreeBSD box (Dell Dimension 4500C) at my office has i845G.
I've installed 4.2.99.902 (4.3.0 RC 2) it by hand, and
Opera 6.12 works fine here (DRI kernel module is not loaded).

For it is worth or not, I got a same problem when using `vesa' dirver,
not native `i810' one.

Thanks,

-- rushani