Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:00:13 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        marcus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Scrollkeeper update

On 16 Jan 2003 22:28:34 -0500
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

> For those who may be testing the scrollkeeper updates I mentioned
> yesterday, I've updated the patches and docbook-sk shar yet again.  If
> you can test, please, please, please do.  Scrollkeeper is a _very_
> important part of GNOME.  Without it, nothing would build.  Thanks.
>
> Joe

From the original message:
---------------------------snip-------------------------------
# cd /tmp
# sh docbook-sk.shar
# cd docbook-sk
# make install clean
# cd /usr/ports/textproc
# patch -p < /path/to/scrollkeeper.diff
# portupgrade scrollkeeper

If you're really wanting to help me out, setenv XML_DEBUG_CATALOG before
you build scrollkeeper, and then run a sniffer looking for spurious
connections to port 80.  You shouldn't see any.  The scrollkeeper
install should rebuild the entire OMF database, so that's really the
best test.  If you see any HTTP connections to sourceforge or oasis,
send me the entire log of the build. (assuming you set
XML_DEBUG_CATALOG).  Thanks to all that can help.

This has worked fine for my 4-STABLE system.

ports and src cvsup'd and updated on: 01-15-2003 10:27:40 CST

No sign of any HTTP connections.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com