Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 96 21:29:53 EST
From:      gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   email lists problem?

Sorry if you-all have already answered this question a hundred times,
but I haven't seen the answer(s)...   ;-)

Last Thursday I seemed to be getting duplicated freebsd email off the
reflectors that I had already received about two days earlier.  Then
suddenly, I stopped receiving ALL freebsd reflector email.  I thought
there was probably just a glitch in the email server and things would
be back to normal in a day or two.  But, after *still* not getting any
email, I decided to check in with "majordomo" and see if I was still
subscribed to the email lists, and found I was *not* on any of them
anymore!  Since I had only subscribed for the first time about two weeks
earlier, I'm guessing that maybe there was a BIG glitch in the email
server and you lost all the recent subscriber lists ?

Is that what happened?
Or did somebody decide there were already too many people on these
lists and take the new guys off...   :-)  ;-}

If you reply, please send directly to me, as I have taken this "opportunity"
to stop receiving the *way too high traffic* "questions" and "hackers"
email lists - I spent so much time reading email that I didn't even get
to my freebsd machine on most days...   :-(   Hopefully the "digests"
versions of those lists will keep me informed ??

Thanks,
Gary