Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:37:51 -0600
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P2L97 board.

tried that ....

just so everyone knows the ASUS p2l97 is an AGP motherboard with 5 PCI
2 isa 1 APG (1PCI and isa are shared).  Slot 1 shares its IRQ with the
AGP Slot.  Slot 4 and 5 share an IRQ and Asus recommends that a PCI video
go into slot 5 ( the shared isa slot).

I know know that the AGP slot is stealing PCI Bus one (thanks Robert ),
and I've also tried flashing the board to the latest bios rev (1005 from 1002)

still now luck.... I've been trying to hunt down the maximum number of bridges
that can be in one machine ..... one of the intel notes say for but I don't
remember for which bridge chip I saw that on.

Quoting Mike Smith (mike@smith.net.au)
On Subject: Re: ASUS P2L97 board.
Date: Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 10:56:52PM -0700

Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)