Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 95 10:57:42 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        pete@pelican.pelican.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape locale

> export XKEYSYMDB=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
> export XNLSPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls
>
> > What was the magic incantation to get netscape locale to work with
> > XFree86 3.1 in freebsd?  I've tried various settings for XNLSPATH and
> > also symlink locale->nls in the magic places suggested by
> > 'strings netscape | grep -i nls' and I always get the 'locale C not
> > supported' message at startup.
> >
> > (and, yes, I've symlinked X11R6 to both X11 and X386; that seems needed
> > to get netscape to work at all).
> >
> > All this is suggested by the rather large spate of kanji pages from
> > the kobe quake...  (not that I can read kanji, but it *is* supposed to
> > work...)

Using X11R6, the XNLSPATH must point to an X11R5 locale directory.

Locale changed from X11R5 to X11R6.

Complete uuencoded patches and files were posted to this list (by me),
and were also sent to Jordan.

I'd have to really look for copies (I think I killed mine on this machine,
anyway).  Check the list archives, for easiest access.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.