Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2013 11:01:02 -0800
From:      Phil Phillips <pphillips@experts-exchange.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenJDK7: libnet.so getting closed twice

It turns out that this bug seems to be release-specific.  The double
close() behavior is consistent on FreeBSD 7, but I have yet to see it
happen on FreeBSD 8.

My only hunch is that this has something to do with OpenJDK7 having more
of the system calls "restartable" (interrupted system calls getting
retried).  Maybe there's something not quite right with FreeBSD 7
reporting EINTR - perhaps specifically when there's an open() / close()
with no read()?  That's all just speculation, though.

In any event, this is probably not too big of an issue, considering
FreeBSD 7 is approaching end-of-life.

-Phil