Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 05:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alec <alec@barea.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/27370: kernel crash when trying to query the USB device  "wingman rumblepad" (logitech gamepad)

The following reply was made to PR kern/27370; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alec <alec@barea.org>
To: David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/27370: kernel crash when trying to query the USB device
 "wingman rumblepad" (logitech gamepad)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:44:51 -0400

 David Malone wrote:

 > On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 06:31:15PM -0700, alec@barea.org wrote:
 > > When booting, if the wingman rumblepad is plugged, the kernel is
 > > crasjing when querying usb devices.  If it's not plugged, no problem.
 > > I it's plugged after the boot, device is recognized, then when
 > > doing "usbdevs" the kernel crashes.
 >
 > > Kernel debugging is not enabled, so no core, can be enabled on
 > > request if needed, just ask.
 >
 > We'll certainly need the panic message and maybe a bactrace from
 > a vmcore and a debugging kernel. Can you produce these?
 >
 >         David.

 Hello David,

 The only way i know to get the panic message is to write it down by hand,
 hopefully you have a better one, please tell me.
 I'm gonna enable the debug symbols in the kernel and get back to you as
 soon as it's done.

 Cheers,

 Alec