Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/39436: kernel compiles fails in netgraph/pppoe

>Number:         39436
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       kernel compiles fails in netgraph/pppoe
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD chuckwalla.reptiles.org 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #26: Wed Jun 12 23:29:03 EDT 2002     root@chuckwalla.reptiles.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/REPHOME  i386

cvsup from Jun 17 10:43 2002
      kernel compile fails at netgraph/pppoe
with:
===> netgraph/pppoe
cc -O -pipe  -Wall  -D_KERNEL -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I@ -I@/../include  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -c /usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/pppoe/../../../netgraph/ng_pppoe.c
/usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/pppoe/../../../netgraph/ng_pppoe.c:860: redefinition of `send_sessionid'
/usr/src/sys/modules/netgraph/pppoe/../../../netgraph/ng_pppoe.c:843: `send_sessionid' previously defined here
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1531: Error: Symbol send_sessionid already defined.
*** Error code 1

>How-To-Repeat:
      my kernelconfig is:
machine         i386
cpu             I386_CPU
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           "REPHOME"
maxusers        0
options         INET
options         FFS
options         FFS_ROOT
options         SOFTUPDATES
options         UFS_DIRHASH
options         MFS
options         MD_ROOT
options         NFS
options         NFS_ROOT
options         MSDOSFS
options         CD9660
options         CD9660_ROOT
options         PROCFS
options         COMPAT_43
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000
options         UCONSOLE
options         USERCONFIG
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG
options         KTRACE
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM
options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV
device          isa
device          pci
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk
device          atapicd
device          atapifd
device          atapist
options         ATA_STATIC_ID
device          ahc

device          aha0    at isa?
device          aic0    at isa?
device          scbus
device          da
device          sa
device          cd
device          pass
device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 flags 0x1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12
device          vga0    at isa?
pseudo-device   splash
device          sc0     at isa? flags 0x100
device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13
device          apm0
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
device          ppbus
device          lpt
device          plip
device          ppi
device          de
device          em
device          txp
device          vx
device          miibus
device          dc
device          fxp
device          pcn
device          rl
device          sf
device          sis
device          ste
device          tl
device          tx
device          vr
device          wb
device          xl
device          bge
device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
device          ex
device          ep
device          fe0     at isa? port 0x300
device          ie0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10 iomem 0xd0000
device          lnc0    at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 drq 0
device          cs0     at isa? port 0x300
device          sn0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10
pseudo-device   loop
pseudo-device   ether
pseudo-device   ppp     1
pseudo-device   tun
pseudo-device   pty
pseudo-device   md
pseudo-device   gif
pseudo-device   bpf
device          uhci
device          ohci
device          usb
device          ugen
device          uhid
device          ukbd
device          ulpt
device          ums
device          uscanner
device          urio
device          aue
device          cue
device          kue
options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
options         IPSEC
options         IPSEC_ESP
options         IPSEC_DEBUG
options         PPP_BSDCOMP
options         PPP_DEFLATE
options         PPP_FILTER
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         IPDIVERT
options         IPFILTER
options         IPFILTER_LOG
options         IPSTEALTH
options         DUMMYNET
device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device          pcm
device          pca0 at isa? port IO_TIMER1
pseudo-device   vn
device          ufm
device          smbus
device          intpm

>Fix:
      not known yet, trying cvsup to most recent.