Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 12:35:09 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dpk@eskimo.com (David Kirchner)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus PVI-486SP3 motherboard problems

David Kirchner stands accused of saying:

> 	Has anyone else had any luck getting this board to boot or is
> there some special trick I should know?

These are good boards.  Do not despair.

> 	My configuration:
>
> AMD DX4-120 on a PVI-486SP3 motherboard with onboard IDE
> Western Digital 850 MB EIDE drive, Large mode (should I use LBA?)

Turn off Block mode in the BIOS; we had trouble with this.
You might also try disabling WriteBack mode (if you have it enabled).

Apart from that, if you want to be more detailed about your symptoms,
we should be able to get you up and going.