Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 12:12:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xlock: caught signal 8 while running galaxy mode.

FreeBSD clears the exception register in the fpu when the trap code
catches an fpu exception prior to calling the user's handler, if any.

In npx.c, the exception register is cleared prior to sending a SIGFPE
to the process.

I want to be able to catch an exception, if I want, and determine what
the cause of the problem was, and, possibly work around it.  I want my
exception handler to know exactly what the exception was.

tomdean