Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:03:26 +0200
From:      Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to upgrade from v3 to v4

You can check wich system you CVSuped if you look at file
/usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh.

Then if you really downloaded 4.x-STABLE, you should read file
/usr/src/UPDATING. To upgrade FreeBSD from 3.x to 4.x version just typing
`make buildworld' isn't enought. Complete and correct (something really
doesn't work in my case, I made upgrade from 3.4-S to 4.1-S, but it can
be easyly fixed) information is located in that file.