Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 21:24:13 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Jan B. Koum" <jkb@best.com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, Chris Peiffer <fancylad@zonker.stanford.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is like Linux (was: Bet you didn't know...)

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
% Bet you didn't know we were a "Linux-like operating system", eh?

Greg Lehey wrote:
> What's wrong with that?  FreeBSD *is* like Linux.  Considering the
> perspective, I think it's a very nice thing to say.  I'm going to
> write to the author and suggest he put in a link to
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/

Hermit, get a grip!  I agree with Greg, it was complimentary.  Reading
between the lines, I see "FreeBSD is a free UNIX system that runs on
PCs, like Linux, but is known to be more stable and therefore makes an
ideal high-powered internet server."

I shoulda been a copy editor instead of a propeller-head, huh?