Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 09:37:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      kwfjndpw <kwfjndpw@netural.com>
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Boot

I have tried booting with 3 versions of FreeBSD and all 3 versions of
the boot disk have failed.  The first attempt was last May.  That must
have been 2.1.0, because at that time there was no boot4.flp disk.
This time I tried 2.1.5 and 2.2-SNAP and both of them failed.

My system is vanilla.  I have been successful in booting with Linux
on my system.  I don't understand why FreeBSD can't read my floppy.
My hard disk is IDE  (I assume my floppy controller is on the IDE
card).  After the system boots through the boot ROM, it does a quick
read to the floppy, then silence.  The screen is blank and no further
reads occur on the floppy.  I preformatted the floppy with /u to
wipe it clean.  Then I ran rawrite.exe to copy boot4.flp to the
floppy disk.

Any suggestions?  I would really like to try FreeBSD on my system.

Thanks.