Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Mike Berning <berninme@muohio.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Failed install of 4.7 on laptop...

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Mike Berning wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:35:21 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Mike Berning <berninme@muohio.edu>
> To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Failed install of 4.7 on laptop...
>
> When I attempt to install FreeBSD 4.7, or any 4.x for that matter, I
> recieve this error during the initial boot.
>
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor = 0x8086, dev = 0x2445) at 31.5 irq 11
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor = 0x8086, dev = 0x2445) at 31.6 irq 11
>
> I've tried doing a kernel configuration to disable device pci0, but it
> says that this device doesn't exist. I know that pci0 is my soundcard
> because I tried to install 5.0 and it showed that it was multimedia device
> and soundcard. There is no way to disable sound in the bios. Does anybody
> have an idea about how to get around this problem, thanks in advance,
> mike
>
> ps laptop is toshiba satellite 1905-S301

Is this blocking the install or just an error you see during the install?
On my Thinkpad there is a win32 utility available from IBM to set/disable
all the onboard devices. Luckily there's also a Linux utility ps2). Does
Toshiba provide any such utility?

Search the freebsd-mobile list archives for your Satellite.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg