Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:54:51 GMT
From:      "John J. Rushford Jr." <jjr@sapphire.alisa.org>
Subject:   FYI, smp and cy driver

Just thought I'd mention this.

I've just recently installed a Cyclades YeP multiports card
on a FreeBSD 3.2 system with an SMP kernel, Dual PII's.
Anyway, the kernel panics with the external ports box plugged
into the PCI card and with the cy driver enabled.

I finally found that if I re-compile the kernel without SMP
support, that the YeP card and cy driver are fully functional.

regards
--
John J. Rushford
jjr@sapphire.alisa.org