Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:40:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Geoff Davidson <geoff@sales.org>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org, Cat Okita <cat@ki.net>, Geoff Davidson <geoff@ki.net>
Subject:   Re: MotherBoard Jumper Settings...

> It is said, with some truth to its latin (or is that Greek) roots, that
> humility comes from humiliation.

Yes, and perhaps I was a little hard on Marc.

But there is, nonetheless, a very valid lesson to be learned here and
that's that it really isn't a good idea to bombard the developers with
messages and PRs (I think we have about 10 open ones from Marc which
are related to this problem) until you've really checked everything
else, first.  The alternative is that you burn up all your bug
reporting "credit" on something stupid and have people then whap
`delete' on all your future stuff because they don't want to be sent
on any more wild goose chases.  Sort of a twist on the boy who cried
wolf.. :)

					Jordan