Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 08:06:14 -0700
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "free" SCO O/S

At our recent Front Range Unix Users' Group meeting, we had a panel
present their experiences with low-cost operating systems.  Warner Losh
did a great job with FreeBSD.

The fellow presenting SCO used it at work, and admitted it was hard to
set up. He warned us away from anything even slightly exotic,
hardware-wise.  And he had yet to get anything better than 640x480x16
out of X with it.  Overall, he sounded not too fond of SCO.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory