Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 1998 22:11:46 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: read audio from atapi cd: success!

#define quoting(Luigi Rizzo)
// Well, I managed to put together some code to read audio data from
// ATAPI CDs :)

Isn't ATAPI just SCSI over IDE ?

So, did you look at the SCSI implementation to get some hints ?
I've heard that the CAM subsystem will support ATAPI as a SCSI
bus, but I'm not sure about that.  Win95 and NT already do that.

The Adaptec SCSI browser sees my IDE devices as SCSI busses.
Of course, they are not yet full compliant: I can't read or write
mode pages.  :)

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br