Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:48:31 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?David_Vidal_Rodr=EDguez?= <vidalrod@web.de>
To:        CURRENT <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [Fwd: mkisofs | burncd not working in 5.0 ?]

(forwarded from the NG comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, from which I got no
answer)

Hi!

I'm somehow surprised that the following command pipe doesn't work any
more in 5.0R:

$ mkisofs -J -r mydir | burncd -f /dev/acd1c -s 16 data - fixate

next writeable LBA 0
writing from stdin

$ _

...and nothing else happens. I've also tried with a named pipe, also
with a strange result:

$ mkfifo mypipe
$ mkisofs -J -r -o mypipe mydir
(1s lag)
mkisofs: Resource temporarily unavailable. Unable to open disc image file.

If I begin at the other side of the pipe, I get the same result as case 1:

$ burncd -f /dev/acd1c -s 16 data mypipe fixate &
$ mkisofs -J -r -o mypipe mydir

next writeable LBA 0
writing from file mypipe size 0 KB
Broken pipe

Same results if I try to pass data in blocks by piping everything thru
dd bs=2k, so I don't know any more tricks :( Not to mention that case 1
worked in 4-STABLE.

Does anybody know what is happening here? Any hints will be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
David.