Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:36:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      sporkl <spork@dti.net>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        benedict@echonyc.com

Hello.

	I have pretty much screwed myself I think. In trying to get all
the X source in the right place, I mangled everything in the file
structer after /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ and after /usr/include/X11/. What
should be in either one of those directories is in one, the other, or
both. This is bad. When I got sick of trying to save this for two hours, I
went and had dinner, relaxed, etc. I came back, started X, (using twm) and
*everything is monochrome*. I don't know how this happened, but twm says
that all the colors defined in my system.twmrc are undefined. I must have
put the color declaration files in the wrong place, or worse, deleted
them. I can live with mono X for now, but could you tell me what exactly
should be in the directories directly mounted on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/, and
what files define my colors? Thank you, I hope I don't have to re-install
X, but at least I haver time off for thanksgiving to fix this. 8-(

 -Spike Gronim
  sporkl@dti.net

	"Tradition is the chastity belt of the mind"