Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 98 09:56:26 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        eivind@yes.no
Cc:        knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Subject:   Re: source upgrade to 3.0 (was lkm/cd9660)

Hello,

Will there be a step-by-step how-to documentation to effectively do this
upgrade ? (should there be a intermediate step with the build of an ELF
2.2-Stable system ?)

All I've seen is the handbook or greg's book, but these focus on making
world *inside* one thread of development (either following -stable or
-current).

Anyway, this will restore the thrill of my first "make world", when the
perspective of totally screwing up a system was not far away (this
perspective never materialized, but I learned it later ...).

	Greetings
	TfH

> > PS : eivind, do you know if it will be possible to upgrade from
source
> > from 2.2.7-Stable to 3.0-Whatever (I imagine that the conversion to
ELF