Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 12:35:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew McKay <birminghamweb@freeuk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs and cp problem: file system full

>         /: write failed, file system full

I'm no expert on copying ports via nfs but this line suggests to me that
your file system is full. In real terms this means that there is
insufficient disk space on your nfs client to store the data that you are
trying to store. In other words, the file system is full. Unfortunately
FreeBSD doesn't have a dusty old barn which visiting data may use when
there's no room at the inn (except maybe /dev/null) so you are left with
two choices:

a) Make room. Kick out old forgotten data to make way for this new
incoming data that you wish to cherish and love.

b) Store the data elsewhere. I don't know anything about your computer's
partitioning so I don't know how possble this is but you may be able to
copy the data to a different partition on the box where there is room. The
output of df -h should be enough to determine this.

Hope this helps,
Andy