Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:41:01 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <kernel@webrz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Auto update

On 10 April 2010, at 23:14, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

> Can someone tell me if there is a way of generating an email on the =
moment that someone logs in to my FreeBSD server? The mail part =
(phpmail) will be easy; I don't know yet how to trigger and pass =
parameter to this script or redirect info to a file (that I then send by =
email).  Thanks.

A cheesy way to do that is to use a popen ("tail -f /var/log/auth.log", =
"r") and then read that.  It will give you every login regardless of =
ssh, telnet etc.  You could then generate the emails from that.  I have =
no idea just how resource intensive this might be.  You would also have =
to ensure it got started by rc during boot.=