Date:      30 Oct 2002 20:00:06 -0000
From:      avleeuwen@piwebs.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/44763: Press release: Opera releases Opera for FreeBSD

>Number:         44763
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Press release: Opera releases Opera for FreeBSD
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD xxxx.piwebs.com 4.6.2-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE-p2 #0: Thu Oct 3 22:42:28 CEST 2002 avleeuwen@xxxx.piwebs.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XXXX i386

This is the Opera/FreeBSD Press Release that announces the Opera web browser for FreeBSD. Included are two diffs (for en/news/pressreleases.sgml and en/news/Makefile) and one new file (en/news/press-rel-6.sgml). This press releases must *not* be committed before october 31!
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
press-rel-6.sgml :
---begin---
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" [
<!ENTITY base CDATA "..">
<!ENTITY date "$FreeBSD$">
<!ENTITY title "FreeBSD Press Release: October 31, 2002">
<!ENTITY % includes SYSTEM "../includes.sgml"> %includes;
<!ENTITY % newsincludes SYSTEM "includes.sgml"> %newsincludes;
]>

&header;

<h3>The Daemon of the Opera: Opera Software Releases Version for FreeBSD</h3>

announce the first golden release of its new port to the UNIX variance
FreeBSD. With FreeBSD joining the Opera family, Opera is now available on
eight different operating systems.</p>

at the University of California, Berkeley. It started out as a supplement to
UNIX, but over time it evolved into several operating systems. Of the
different BSD flavors available, the most widely distributed is FreeBSD,
popular among high-end users like system administrators who are looking for a
fast, reliable operating system.</p>

expect stability and reliability. The match between FreeBSD and Opera should
strike a cord with many enterprise customers,"</cite> says Jon S. von
Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software ASA. <cite>"On a personal level, I'm also happy
to welcome FreeBSD users into the Opera family. FreeBSD is strictly not only
an operating system, but also a community and a philosophy with values I know
resonate well with our own."</cite></p>

Opera.</p>

Opera for FreeBSD can browse the Web with one of the fastest browsers
available on the market,"</cite> says Robert Watson, FreeBSD Core Team member.
<cite>"FreeBSDīs reputation as a reliable and fast desktop operating system is
becoming widely known, and we are glad to see that Opera Software is helping
us create a more complete desktop environment."</cite></p>

<h3>About Opera Software</h3>

browsers for the desktop and embedded markets, partnering with companies
such as IBM, AMD, Symbian, Canal+ Technologies, Ericsson, Sharp and Lineo
(now a division of Embedix). The Opera browser has received international
recognition from end users and the industry press for being faster,
smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers. Opera is
available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OS/2, Symbian OS and
QNX. Opera Software ASA is a privately held company headquartered in Oslo,
Norway. Learn more about Opera at

<h3>About the Berkeley Software Distribution Operating System</h3>

originally developed from 1979 to 1992 by the Computer Systems Research
Group (CSRG) at the University of California at Berkeley. Berkeley-derived
operating system and networking technologies are at the heart of most modern
Unix and Unix-like operating systems. Today, virtually every major Internet
infrastructure provider uses BSD operating systems. BSD operating system
technologies are used by leading mission- critical network computing
environments and are embedded in Internet appliance platforms that require
advanced Internet functionality, reliability and security.</p>

<h3>About the FreeBSD Project</h3>

Project and its worldwide team, consisting of more than 5,000 developers
funneling their work to 185 "committer" developers. It is available free of
charge from <a href="ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/">ftp.FreeBSD.org</a>; and also
distributed as a shrink-wrap software product through CompUSA, Fry's, Borders,
Ingram, FreeBSDmall.com and others. FreeBSD includes thousands of ported
applications, including office automation, groupware and multimedia
applications, and is widely used in companies all over the world as a web
server, file server, firewall and router. FreeBSD is distributed under the
Berkeley Software Distribution license, which means that it can be copied and
modified freely or commercially. For more information about the FreeBSD

<h3>Press Contact</h3>

Pal A. Hvistendahl<br>
Marcom Director<br>
Tel: +47 99 72 43 31<br>
Fax: +47 24 16 40 01<br>
US Toll Free: 1-888-624-4846, press only please</p>

&footer;
---end---

diff -crN pressreleases.sgml.orig pressreleases.sgml :
---begin---
*** pressreleases.sgml.orig	Tue Oct 29 20:40:06 2002
--- pressreleases.sgml	Tue Oct 29 20:43:08 2002
***************
*** 1,6 ****
  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" [
  <!ENTITY base CDATA "..">
! <!ENTITY date "$FreeBSD: www/en/news/pressreleases.sgml,v 1.6 2002/03/16 08:09:20 murray Exp $">
  <!ENTITY title "FreeBSD Press Releases">
--- 1,6 ----
  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" [
  <!ENTITY base CDATA "..">
! <!ENTITY date "$FreeBSD$">
  <!ENTITY title "FreeBSD Press Releases">
  <!ENTITY % includes SYSTEM "../includes.sgml"> %includes;
  <!ENTITY % newsincludes SYSTEM "includes.sgml"> %newsincludes;
***************
*** 15,20 ****
--- 15,28 ----
  -->

  <dl>
+
+ <dt>October 31, 2002</dt>
+ <dd>
+ <a href="press-rel-6.html">
+ The Daemon of the Opera: Opera Software Releases Version for FreeBSD
+ </a>
+ <p></p>
+ </dd>

  <dt>October 18, 2000 : New Core</dt>
  <dd>
---end---

diff -crN Makefile.orig Makefile :
---begin---
*** Makefile.orig	Wed Oct 30 20:40:14 2002
--- Makefile	Wed Oct 30 20:40:43 2002
  DOCS+= press-rel-3.sgml
  DOCS+= press-rel-4.sgml
  DOCS+= press-rel-5.sgml