Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:23:45 +0000
From:      Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
To:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems with cvsup on FreeBSD 9 snapshot 201101

Dear all,

I had installed FreeBSD 9 amd64 from snapshot (ISO-image) located here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/201101/FreeBSD-9.0-CURRENT-2011=
01-amd64-dvd1.iso

Today I wanted to cvsup to a later date to upgrade to ZFS v28
and compiled port /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui without problems.

Starting freshly compiled cvsup then gives me

"Illegal Instruction"

This error seems to be identical to http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free=
bsd-current/2010-September/020083.html

As this was created on a vanilla 9 snapshot using the default make.conf wit=
h only cvsup settings adapted I thought this might be of interest.

Have now used csup instead of cvsup (which seems to have worked fine), and =
started cvsup once again (seems cvsup only gives "Illegal Instruction" when=
 a file needs to be changed...).

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Holger

--
Holger Kipp
Diplom-Mathematiker

Tel. : +49 30 436 58 114
Fax. : +49 30 436 58 214
Mobil: +49 178 36 58 114
Email: holger.kipp@alogis.com

alogis AG
Alt-Moabit 90b
D-10559 Berlin

web : http://www.alogis.com

alogis AG
Sitz/Registergericht: Berlin/AG Charlottenburg, HRB 71484
Vorstand: Arne Friedrichs, Joern Samuelson
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Reinhard Mielke