Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:18:14 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about maintainers

--On Thursday, July 28, 2005 17:09:19 +0200 Michael Nottebrock
<lofi@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, 28. July 2005 16:43, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
>> OK.  I see that tcl (83,84), itcl, itk and iwidgets are all without
>> maintainers.  Does that mean the ports are maintained by freebsd folks?
>> Or not maintained at all?
>
> Not maintained at all. This is the charme of tcl/tk at work here, the
> black  magic that it is makes nobody want to make a commitment to the
> stuff. :-)
>
> In the past, every once in a while somebody has submitted/committed an
> update  here or there, but nobody ever picked up maintainership. You can
> check out  who submitted/committed what in FreeBSD's cvsweb.
>
> However, tcl83/84, itk, itcl and iwidgets are a pretty broad base. You
> might  want to get a clearer idea first where the problem is located
> before you go  sending out questions to people.

I know where the problem is.  The script cannot locate iwidgets.  ldconfig
shows that all the libraries for tcl, tk, itk and itcl are known, and the
script isn't complaining about anything else being missing.  So it appears
to be a problem with locating iwidgets.  I just haven't figured out yet how
all of that ties together.

I'll figure it out sooner or later.  I'm stubborn like that.  :-)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member