Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:09:31 -0800
From:      Raistlin Majere <raistlin@e-raist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Which Linux for a long-time FreeBSD user?

Mike,

    I've ran a few version of linux and found I get along with redhat. I
would recommend downloading and installing 7.2 (running a 2.4 kernel)
(lastest version available from www.redhat.com).  The kernel and modules
are typically stored in /usr/src/linux, which should help in your work.
Redhat is quite versatile and functional, and makes a decent desktop OS.

    Debian is another flavor I would recommend as by default its more
secure than redhat.  I haven't done much with linux for awhile though,
so I'm unfamiliar with what its like these days.

    Good luck!

Raistlin Alexander Majere