Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:44:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Satya Devireddy <satya@dspsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape freezing

Even I have the same problem first with 4.05, then 4.06, and now 4.5beta

I also sometimes get multiple Xlib Error windows of different sizes onthe
screen all at the same time (5 to 10 a second) just filling the screen
up..

Netscape hangup's happen 99% of the time when I am scrolling on a page
with large amount of text/tables (my yahoo page).

Also hangs up sometimes when reading newsgroups.

One more thing is when the netscape is in hanged state, the keyboard
input does not work on other windows (xterms) until the communicator
is KILL'ed.

My system is a ASUS P2BS 233PII, 64MB PC100, IBM SCSI HDs
Matrox Millenium II, Intel EtherExpress Pro 100

FreeBSD Current 3.0 (Aug 16 snap) + CAM + XFree86 3.3.2 with 3 patches.
Afterstep 1.0

I rebuilt the XFree86 from scratch recently.

This is turning into a major inconvinence to me...

Also, sometimes when the netscape dies automatically, the process
does not get killed but its CPU utilization goes up gradually till 99% !!

Any help is appreciated,

-Satya

PS: This is my home box. atleast it hangs here. On my work box it just
dies. sometimes taking afterstep with it. (PPro Dual 180,64MB)