Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:28:30 -0600
From:      Chris Huisman <chuisman@telusplanet.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Xlib connection

Ok, I just changed the /etc/ttys file ttyv8 variable to on instead of
off, now when I su to root and try to open up emacs I get the
following error:

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
emacs: Cannot connect to X server :0.0.
Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
connections from your machine.

I don't know what's going on here.  Before I modified /etc/ttys
everything was find.  I was able to su to root, and open up emacs no
problem.

Chris.