Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:33:40 +1000
From:      Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bzeeb+freebsd+lor@zabbadoz.net, Jurgen Weber <jurgen@ish.com.au>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LOR sleepq/scrlock

>> http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/1.jpg
>> http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/2.jpg
>> http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/3.jpg (this overlaps with [2])
>
> These are all garbage in kuickshow. :(

They work fine for me in Firefox. But don't know what sort of jpegs
the Sony camera saves. Anyhow I've also now resaved them as png (about
twice the size). Please let me know if that worked.

http://www.ish.com.au/s/LOR/1.png , etc

>> Not PAE.  If there was a panic or printf inside the kernel sleep
>> queue code
> itself then you might get this LOR as a side effect, but the real
> problem
> would be the original panic or printf.

The set up of this machine is identical (as far as possible) with
another happy machine. The difference is different hardware (such as
NIC hardware and CPU) and that this is running PAE and the other
AMD64. I know that introduces a lot of different code, so it may not
be a useful comparison.

Another data point is that we switched the scheduler ('sleep queue'
sounds vaguely like something scheduler related to us) from 4BSD to
ULE with no change in behaviour.

This is starting to cause us some grief with this machine offline, so
we might need to throw some new hardware at the problem and hope the
issue goes away. I am just afraid that the problem might follow us if
the issue is rooted in our setup rather than the hardware choices.

Thanks
Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001