Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 17:56:30 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   msdosfs broken...

Is it possible that msdosfs is unable to work properly when there is a
partition greater than 1gb (i.e. with clusters of 32kb ?). The warning
complaing about the root is not a multiple of cluster size in length is not
enough , even mounting in ro is a possible danger...

I did an installation of a new box with 2.2 -current and I didn't notice
when it booted the warning... at the first locate.updatedb --> a lot of the
disk trashed !

Several months ago someone was asking beta tester for trying to correct
this, is there any news about it ?

Tia for attention...

Regards...

| Internet:  gmarco@masternet.it      |        ,,,         |