Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 09:01:18 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lock up on accessing sio?

On Sun, Nov 08, 1998 at 03:55:48PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> >sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> >sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
> >sio0: type 8250
>
> >The "configured irq 4 not in bitmap" line also appeared when booting
> >2.2.5.. I don't think it's significant.
>
> It's very significant, but can't appear in 2.2.5.  It means that interrupts
> don't seem to be working.  2.2.5 would have failed the probe at this point.

Hmm.. well, it was 2.2.5-STABLE from some point, not the RELEASE
version.  I'm pretty sure that I'd seeen that message before, but I
could be wrong.  If it failed the probe, I wouldn't have had Hylafax
happily running on that machine.  I have a backup of the working
system, so I guess I can find the date on the kernel and look at the
changes through the point where it stopped working.  I suspect there
will be many..
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations  S   NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net   SSS  http://www.netmonger.net