Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:48:05 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Pedro Almeida <pedro@qui.uc.pt>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with ports

Hi all!

I've just update my system to 4.2-BETA.
After this upgrade many ports doesn't install because they say that
bsd.port.mk is too old.
How can this be if I've just upgrade the whole source, ports and system?
Any ideas?

Example:
root@godfather windowmaker# make
Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this
bsd.port.mk.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker.

Thanks,

        Pedro

Pedro Almeida AKA GoDfAtHeR

The use of "hacker" to mean "security breaker" is a confusion
on the part of the mass media. We hackers refuse to recognize
that meaning, and continue using the word to mean, "Someone
who loves to program and enjoys being clever about it."

Message sent at 19:42:53 on 20-Nov-2000