Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:46:55 +0000
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADSUP: Imminent removal of XFree86-3 from the ports

--------------enig3AD147018D62FA3F7970F12F

Hi folks,

As you may know we're in the middle of testing the new X.org 7.2-RC2 on
the cluster and it's time to make some cleanup in our X11 ports.

The x11/XFree86-3 has been deprecated for quite some time now and will
be removed within a few days, so I can only recommend switching now, and
not waiting for the port to be actually removed.

While you will be upgrading, I also recommend upgrading to X.org rather
than XFree86-4 cause we will deprecate the x11/XFree86-4* ports at the
same time (giving a 6 months time period to make the switch to X.org).
So unless you have a very good reason to stay with XFree86-4, don't do it=
=2E

There might still be driver issues with X.org so if you're aware of such
things, please contact the X.org developers so they can fix it upstream.

On behalf of the x11@ team.

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org