Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:44:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: perl5.16->5.18

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> Have you read the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING? You should have
> done:
>
> # pkg upgrade -f

Let's say that, err, someone forgot to read UPDATING when going from 8.4
to 9.3, and that said someone now has a screwed-up ports area, due to the
packaging system itself having changed.

What can this someone now do about it, short of a fresh install?  I, oops,
I mean *someone* wants to go to a clean 10.1 on bare metal anyway...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)