Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 15:55:17 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS in -current is _BUSTED_

Satoshi Asami stands accused of saying:

>  * On a hunch: try backing out the bcopy optimizations?
>
> What, someone's actually using THAT in their kernel???  Or libc???

Different bcopy optimisations.  Diff -stable i386/i386/support.s against
the -current version to see what Terry's talking about.

> Satoshi "please don't blame me for everything that's going wrong" Asami

Au contraire.  So how big _is_ this filesystem?  I was being told by a
rampant Linux-fanatic genetecist the other day that "of the PC unices,
only Linux could possibly manage either of the HGI database, because
it's so big."

According to him it's around the 100GB mark; obviously you wouldn't
put this on one filesystem for performance/backup reasons, but it would
be very funny to counter his drivel... 8)

(And if anyone knows how big the two major databases _really_ are, I'd
love to know)