Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 1995 08:21:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Guenter Marx" <Guenter.Marx@psychologie.wiso.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Installation 2.0

> 2 days ago I bought the latest BSD Version 2.0 on a CD from
> DiskNet.

Please do not cc questions to -hackers.  Sending to questions is
quite enough (I've removed hackers from the CC line).

> I see a table on my screen with partitions a-h.
> Partition c is the FreeBsd partition and d is the entire disk.
> Then I choose ASSIGN and I'm asked which partition.

You need to read the INSTALL document - it talks about all of this
very clearly (it may not be clear in other areas, but this part at
least is very clear! :-).  It should be on your disc, though I can't
say for sure since we didn't produce the DISCNET product, nor do we
support it.  The only CD distribution we support is that from Walnut
Creek CDROM.  I don't even know what's ON the DISCNET product, nor
have I ever seen a copy of it.

						Jordan