Date:      28 Apr 2002 20:24:12 -0300
From:      Jon Emmett <jemmett@cs.dal.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   /var/spool/clientmqueue not being processed

After upgrading to 4.5-STABLE I've had a bit of trouble getting sendmail
working properly again.  I've followed the instructions in
/usr/src/UPDATING, and checked around on the web and in the archives but
with no luck.

I have some mail sitting in /var/spool/clientmqueue that never seems to
get sent.  "mailq -Ac" claims that the queue is empty, but looking in
the directory I see a large amount of held mail.  Here is some of my
system info:

rc.conf:

sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"

in /var/spool:

drwxrwx---   2 smmsp   smmsp   6656 Apr 28 18:56 clientmqueue
drwx------   2 root    daemon   512 Apr 28 18:57 mqueue

in /usr/libexec/sendmail:

-r-xr-sr-x  1 root  smmsp  586308 Apr 28 18:19 sendmail

The files in /var/spool/clientmqueue are set owner and group smmsp, and
are 0660.  Any ideas on how to clear this mail out would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jon Emmett
jemmett@cs.dal.ca