Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:39:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Letter to Real

I just sent this to the folks at Real Audio. I hope they bite.
-Jason Wells

****

First I would like to say thank you for providing your RealAudio software
to users of system other than Windows or Mac. There are growing numbers of
people who are using alternative operating systems.

I am a user of FreeBSD and have been pleased to use the 3.0 version of
RealAudio for the last year.

FreeBSD has just released version 3.0 of their operating system. Among the
changes in this system is a switch to using the ELF binary format.

I would like to request a port of your RealAudio Player software for
FreeBSD 3.0. In addition, a port of the RealVideo player would be greatly
appreciated by the FreeBSD community.

The computing experience of people using alternative operating systems can
be enhanced by having enticing applications such as RealPlayer available.
There is a lot of excitement surrounding free unix as of late. I invite
RealAudio to continue and strengthen it's role in this expanding segment
of the computing world.

Thank You,
Jason Wells

P.S. Please let me know if there is a better email address that I may send
this request to. I would be glad to forward it to the appropriate party.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/