Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:02:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb4bsd patch review

In message: <200808231034.54484.hselasky@c2i.net>
            Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> writes:
: I think the solution is that you use "devd.conf" instead of "devfs.conf" to do
: this in the future.

No, I think it should be devfs.conf to control permissions, etc.

: The problem about "devfs.rules" with regard to USB is that you don't know what
: you are giving permissions to. A rule that gives permission to "/dev/ulpt0"
: will give permissions to the first printer you plug into the USB system. That
: is not neccessarily what the user wants.

It is.  Until we have better wiring of devices to drivers, it will
have to do.  Better to solve that problem more generically..

Warner

: --HPS
: