Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:57:44 -0500
From:      abbott at MPCA <jabbott@wolf.co.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   oops.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with my copy and paste from xterm
question.  Unfortunatly shortly after I asked it became moot.

Last week I had something kind of bad happen.  I ran out of space on my /
(root partition)  -- I did not make it big enough the first time I
installed and I have not had time to shuffle things around and repartition
it.  So what I decided to do, unwisely I might add, :-( is move some of the
stuff out of / and onto my other drive (mounted on /pca) and then symbolic
link to it.  I did not really think this through quite as well as I should
have and I now understand the error of my ways.

This was not an issue until today when I rebooted. :-)

My question is what now?

When I try to reboot I get
no init
panic

and then a reboot

I was thinking of doing a system upgrade.  I am running a gamma release
right now.  I have booted it from a floppy and I can see all the partitions
in there.  Nothing is mounted and I can not remember which partition mounts
to which mount point.

What are peoples opinions of what I should do?

--ja