Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 16:52:48 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Error compiling my kernel.

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:33:12AM -0600, Stephane R. D. Zanoni wrote:
> I've never used csvup before.  So i though i would give it a try.  How do i go about fixing my kernel problem?

If you don't want the latest development branch, you really ought to make
another config file for cvsup.  I use this for my ports tree:

 *default tag=.
 *default host=cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
 *default prefix=/usr
 *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
 *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress

 ports-all

And this for base system and kernel:

 *default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
 *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
 *default prefix=/usr
 *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_5
 *default delete use-rel-suffix

 *default compress

 src-all

The tag "." is special and always gets expanded to "CURRENT" by the server.
If you want to follow a particular branch, you need to explicitly name
it in your config.

Give it a blast and see how you go.  RELENG_4_5 is the security branch,
and includes fixes mentioned in the security notifications.

HTH,

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \