Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:17:29 +0300
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@magnesium.net>
Cc:        ports@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ability for maintainers to update own ports

Adam Weinberger wrote:
> If you want to be a committer, stand out from all the others by becoming
> a part of the many things that FreeBSD are that exist outside of the CVS
> repos.

Well, I explain my wish. I dream to extract perl ports build system
(like python and ruby) and prepare patches to improve a build process.
First patches are lied in GNATS.
But first of all we need to fix bad formed perl depended ports. There
are 200+ such ports. I think nobody burns with the desire to do this
quite huge work. So I'm ready to do it.
That's why I asked for.

---
Sem.