Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 18:32:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jim Cavalieri <jcavalie@wco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: HELP!  Install problem with NT4.0 and FreeBSD 2.2.2/2.2.5

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Jim Cavalieri wrote:
> >I have a 5.1 GB hard drive, fdisk'd as follows:
> >1.  Primary Partition    20MB
> >        contains C:\ formatted to DOS (all 20MB)
> >2.  Extended Partition    ~5 GB
> >        contains D:\ logical drive formatted to NTFS (3GB)
> >        contains 2GB of free space in the extended partition
> >I boot from the FreeBSD 2.2.5 install floppy and choose to create a slice
> in
> >the free space.  The installer shows me the "unused" portion of the disk,

The problem is you don't have any free space.  FreeBSD needs it's
own partition and it looks like all your space is allocated to the
2 dos/nt partitions.  You'll need to use one of the partition tools
to shrink your nt partition so you have room to create a FreeBSD
partition.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com