Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:43:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   vi complaints

People are sensitive about their text editors.

I'm no exception... :-)

The new "vi" has two new flaws IMHO...

  o The ESC timeout is too short. My definition of too short is
    that when you're telneted to another machine on the same
    Ethernet segment, and up arrow sometimes gets misinterpreted
    as ESC, A, causing it to open a new line, insert an A, etc. etc.

  o Sometimes when I exit out (maybe via control-z) it displays some
    message in reverse video at the bottom, but forgets to reverse
    it back, so now everything on the command line is in reverse video.

-Archie