Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 1996 13:56:13 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What I'd like to see brought to -stable

# > 1.  (kernel) A fix for "system binds" problem (IDE system with X11
# >     "goes asleep" periodically for random periods of time).
#
# We'll have to see how much of John's other changes this requires.  It
# could turn out to be a little too "expensive" for -stable, so don't
# get your hopes up is all! :-)

	Oh yes, of course... I'm not shouting from the
	soap-box "DO IT!", but maybe, some day, occasionally...  ;)
	That _is_ a critical disaster, which negates people's
	impressions on FreeBSD quality, nothin more.

# > 2.  "phk malloc" by Paul Henning Kampf. It's one of the best performance
#
# Have all the wailing applications been cleaned up?  Last I heard,
# there was still some userland stuff complaining about malloc
# conditions.  I'd kinda like to see all of those found and fixed before
# declaring this malloc ready for -stable.

	I think that it will be wise to add it to -stable-SNAP
	and all occurences of weird apps will be found in a week by
	the happy -stable users, me among them. ;-)

	There are 0 complaints on phk malloc _itself_, aren't they?
	It _will_ improve the overall OS performance -- this is for sure, yeah?
	And better have fixed apps for 2.1.5 (or will it be 2.1-Gold?)
	than silently broken ones?  That's my arguments.

# > 4.  A new groff (1.10). It's way nice to have direct LaserJet printing!
#
# Hmmm.

	Gm. Yes, it's probably too specific for me. I already
	dropped groff stolen from -current to /usr/src and reinstalled it;
	just Ok, so please forget this. Everyone who wants it
	will go this way, too.

#
# 					Jordan
#

--

	With best regards -- Andrew Stesin.

	+380 (44) 2760188	+380 (44) 2713457	+380 (44) 2713560

	"You may delegate authority, but not responsibility."
					Frank's Management Rule #1.